5 Great Reasons why you should use A Body Wash
Ever since body washes have slipped and slid into the market, they have been pitted against soaps. Today, with big brands entering the body wash manufacturing space, the war rages on stronger than ever. Many people still swear by soaps, especially in a country like India, where right from infancy, we are taught to place our trust in the good ol’ bar of soap. However, as body washes garner more publicity, one can gradually witness the argument shift in favour of body washes, and with good reason, because they do provide us with a laundry list of benefits that soaps unfortunately do not offer.
Image courtesy: usedclothessingapore
Eager to know what these benefits are? Read on to find out!
- When it comes to hygiene, body washes win the battle hands down. Think about the number of people that use that soppy bar of soap in your house. As if this wasn’t enough, guests who visit are often obliged to use the same bar! As a result, the chance of infections and diseases spreading is pretty high. Body washes, on the other hand, by virtue of their design are a lot more hygienic because only a little gel is used at a time, the rest of the product stays safely inside the bottle, away from unclean hands.
- Body Washes are also easier to store. Unlike slippery soaps, you don’t have to worry about them slipping out of the soap tray; neither do you have to worry about them getting covered in dust or dirt when they land up on the floor. Well-packaged and neat, body washes can easily be stored in your bathroom closet. When you think about it, they also give your bathroom a more stylish appearance!
- Another big benefit that we derive from a body wash is amount of hydration it provides our skin. Body washes are intensely moisturizing. Where soaps dry out your skin and make it feel rough, body washes nourish and condition your skin. As a result, you’ll end up with smoother, softer skin if you decide to make the switch.
- With body washes, there’s lesser wastage. You only pour out as much product as you need as the tube-packaging allows you to control the amount of product you squeeze out. Soaps, on the other hand, are more prone to wastage because people tend to rub the bar of soap excessively, especially when they want more lather. Also, leaving soap exposed to moisture can result in gradual erosion and this will cause the bar of soap to thin out over time.
- When it comes to fragrance, body washes not only have more powerful aromas, but they also offer a wider range of fragrances to choose from. Because of their potent formulation, it becomes a lot easier to combine essential oils, fragrances and vitamins in body washes. Hence, if you do decide to use a body wash, you’ll end up smelling great for hours after your bath.
The Body Shop offers a range of organic body washes and shower gels that not only cleanses your skin but also moisturizes it, leaving it soft and silky smooth. Check out the range of products here: Organic Soaps and Body Washes
Well, now that you’re aware of the benefits of using a body wash, whose side are you going to be on?